Voltage Talk Forum Home Page Voltage Talk Forum Home Page    National Low Voltage Contractors Association Home Page
Go Back   VoltageTalk.com > Specialties > CCTV Systems
Search Voltage Talk          

Forgot Login Information    Problem Logging In?

“CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!”

Register Here Search Recent Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2009 - Honeywell Video System Announce Recall of Security Camera - CCTV Systems - Voltage Talk forum
Fourm Moderator

PRO1 TECH is on a distinguished road
Honeywell Video System Announce Recall of Security Camera

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml04/04537.html

February 26, 2004
Alert #04-537

CPSC, Honeywell Video System Announce Recall of Security Camera

, D.C. - The following product safety recall was conducted voluntarily by the firm in cooperation with the CPSC. Consumers should stop using the product immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of product: ADEMCO Rapid/Dome security camera

Units: 689

Manufacturer/Importer: Video Controls Ltd., of Cheshire, . Imported by Honeywell Video Systems of Lewisville, Texas.

Hazard: The security camera's plastic mounting assembly can crack, allowing the dome and the camera to fall from the wall or ceiling, possibly injuring someone.

Incidents/Injuries: Honeywell received one report of the camera assembly falling from the ceiling. No injuries.

Description: The recalled security camera is an indoor video camera mounted on the wall or ceiling. The camera is covered with a smoked plastic dome measuring about 6 inches in diameter. A mechanism to move the camera and a mounting assembly are also part of the product. The recalled security cameras have these part numbers:

AD5RCPP16
AD5GCMPP18
AD5GCPP18
AD5GCPP22

The cameras also have serial numbers within these ranges:

G01 (January 2002) to G12 (December 2002)
H01 (January 2002) to H08 (August 2003).

The serial numbers are located inside the product, on a white label attached to the side of the camera mounting.

Sold at: The recalled security cameras were not sold directly to consumers. They were sold from January 1, 2002, to October 17, 2003, to independent dealers who installed them in commercial buildings. The security cameras sold for approximately $1000 to $1700.

Manufactured in:

Remedy: Contact Honeywell Video Systems to arrange for free repair of the security camera's mounting assembly.

Consumer Contact: Call Honeywell at (800) 573-0154 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET (Monday through Friday).
Old 01-20-2009 - Honeywell Video System Announce Recall of Security Camera - CCTV Systems - Voltage Talk forum

Fishawn is on a distinguished road
Default Honeywell cameras

I no longer purchase Honeywell cameras. I bought 16 Hi-heat day night bullet cameras @$400 apiece. I installed them and 2 weeks later they had condensation in them so I sent them back for repair, instead of replacing them they said they repaired them. After 3 weeks I got them back and I re-installed them on my dime, and once again they fogged up. To make a long story short I sent back another 5 times and everytime they came back 3 weeks later only to fog up again. I have spent countless hours and endless money on shipping back and forth. I had to refund my customers money for equipment and labor just so I dont build a bad reputation. Meanwhile the warranty ran out and they refuse to rectify the problem. You would think they would step up and help fix the cameras or give me refurbs or something. As big of a corporation as they are they really dont care.............
Old 01-21-2009 - Honeywell Video System Announce Recall of Security Camera - CCTV Systems - Voltage Talk forum
Super Moderator

Security101 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about your experience...

I have never used their cameras (and I am a 'installing dealer') but it's just because for the same money I can usually get a higher spec-ed camera.

I have heard some stories before though...

Jim

James Cofield
Owner
Assured Security Agency
23355 County Road 26
Elkhart Indiana 46517
Direct: (574) 202-3473

Alternate: www.sendthepolice.com
Email: jim [at] sendthepolice.com
Burglary, Fire, Life Safety Systems
CCTV, PERS, GPS, Access Control

Design, Sales, Service and Installation