Voltage Talk Forum Home Page Voltage Talk Forum Home Page    National Low Voltage Contractors Association Home Page
Go Back   VoltageTalk.com > Specialties > Lighting Systems - General > Outdoor Lighting Systems
Search Voltage Talk          

Forgot Login Information    Problem Logging In?

“CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!”

Register Here Search Recent Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2008 - stuff that sticks - Outdoor Lighting Systems - Voltage Talk forum
Contributing Member

mike m is on a distinguished road
Default stuff that sticks

Funny, I was just wondering if anyone remembers things that sticks and they think of in the field.

Every time I eat a sandwich I feel like a wuss because Mike G. said he doesn't eat at the job site. Worse is how I feel guilty when I leave the site to go buy something to eat. I feel like I'm being watched.

Another is when I run around a property soldering my connections. I think of the time Billy challenged me to a timed competition.

Or I never drive away without walking around my truck to clear the tailgate.
Old 12-21-2008 - stuff that sticks - Outdoor Lighting Systems - Voltage Talk forum
Contributing Member

Gambino High Performance is on a distinguished road

Since I've taken on employees that is no longer true. California employment law has dictated that. We take a 30 minute lunch break at 12 noon.
Stuff that works for you should be the stuff that sticks like Carbonless forms for me. No matter what others try to brow beat you into for their own reasons stick to what works for you.
When my wife deposits the checks each week at the bank the teller doesn't ask her if I used a computer at the initial meeting to sell the work and earn the money. They take the money and make the deposit just the same.