Voltage Talk Forum Home Page Voltage Talk Forum Home Page    National Low Voltage Contractors Association Home Page
Go Back   VoltageTalk.com > Specialties > Electric Signs and Digital Display Systems
Search Voltage Talk          

Forgot Login Information    Problem Logging In?

“CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!”

Register Here Search Recent Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2008 - Moving Photos - Electric Signs and Digital Display Systems - Voltage Talk forum
Veteran Member

ProIT has a spectacular aura aboutProIT has a spectacular aura about
Default Moving photos

We do a lot of hospitality communication wiring & we were looking at value added options for the customers. One in particular has a gallery of photos from a local artist. Has anyone ever wired the picture frames to show multiple photos that change every 5 to 10 seconds or so where the photos are either inputed into the frame via USB or ran from a server?

JR Garrett
V.P. of Operations

Professional IT Services & Solutions, Inc.
11631-1 Columbia Park Dr. E.
Jacksonville, FL 32258

Office: 904.742.8797
Fax: 904.880.6922
I am a State certified low voltage contractor that works mainly in commercial building applications. We professionally service & install voice / data, fire / security alarm systems, fiber optics & CCTV systems.

FL - EF20000774
GA - LVU405993
NC - 28055-SP-LV

Old 11-24-2008 - Moving Photos - Electric Signs and Digital Display Systems - Voltage Talk forum
Veteran Member

CarlAshcraft is on a distinguished road

JR,

What size display are you looking to do this on? A common device that we install is called digital signage. Many companies make a digital signage package. On the TV/Display it kind of has a media server built into and is able to be accessed remotely. Let me know if you need more information.
Old 11-26-2008 - Moving Photos - Electric Signs and Digital Display Systems - Voltage Talk forum
Veteran Member

Carl,

What's in place now is between 11"x13" up to 18"x20". The hotel purchased a mulitude of the artists' prints yet they are only using them statically is the "gallery" & in the guest rooms. In the rooms, the photos are smaller, around 9"x11". Any information you can pass along would be greatly appreciated. I know it's another niche to offer.
Old 11-26-2008 - Moving Photos - Electric Signs and Digital Display Systems - Voltage Talk forum
Veteran Member

That's pretty cool MD but I don't think they'd go for mounting a bunch of TV's, does the device have the capability of handing multiple picture frames or TV's. They have about 20 photos in the gallery & 3 in each guest room. We were looking for something that would control all the photos in the gallery that would also work for the 3 frames in each of the rooms, it would have to be fairly simple, fairly inexpensive & theft "proof" (if there is such a thing) in the guest rooms. It's mainly the gallery that we're looking at but knowing this company, if the price is right, they would do the rooms too. 207 of them
Veteran Member

I see what you mean. It looks like it would handle quite a bit. I wonder if it could handle a daisy chain of picture frames so you could use one device for all the frames. From looking at you display of the back panel, I don't think it would. Is the USB on the other side to feed it content?
Veteran Member

They're definitely into the ooh & aww factor but your still using a TV, is there anything else you've tried like the photo frames they sell retail at Wal Mart & Sam's but more of a commercial version?
Veteran Member

I see what you mean, the TV's are actually less expensive than the larger frames. Unfortunately, there's no existing power outlets in the room, lights only. Well, maybe one plug. That's why I was thinking the frames. Seems like I'll have to research more & put some more thinking into it. If you could send the info you have next week, it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all of your imput MD.

We tried to get them to do it as the building was being built but they waited until it opened... now they want it
Old 11-27-2008 - Moving Photos - Electric Signs and Digital Display Systems - Voltage Talk forum
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProIT View Post
I see what you mean. It looks like it would handle quite a bit. I wonder if it could handle a daisy chain of picture frames so you could use one device for all the frames. From looking at you display of the back panel, I don't think it would.
You can use this device and easily hook it up to as many monitor's as you would like. You would need a video distribution amplifier (DA). It takes a single video output and splits it to a specified number of displays. For example you can get a 1x8 video DA it would split from one source to 8 displays. You can get these DA's for composite video, s-video, or VGA.
Old 11-27-2008 - Moving Photos - Electric Signs and Digital Display Systems - Voltage Talk forum
Veteran Member

Quote:
Carl,

What's in place now is between 11"x13" up to 18"x20". The hotel purchased a mulitude of the artists' prints yet they are only using them statically is the "gallery" & in the guest rooms. In the rooms, the photos are smaller, around 9"x11". Any information you can pass along would be greatly appreciated. I know it's another niche to offer.
I will get you some more information on Monday. The only issue with digital signage will be the size of the displays. I think the smallest digital signage display is a 32" display.
Veteran Member

Quote:
I see what you mean, the TV's are actually less expensive than the larger frames. Unfortunately, there's no existing power outlets in the room, lights only. Well, maybe one plug.
Similar to the digital photo frames, many of the the smaller TV's have a "wall wart" power supply (16 volt to 24 volt). If you can find the ones that have this you could have all the power supplies at a centralized location and retro the wires to the TV's.
Old 12-07-2008 - Moving Photos - Electric Signs and Digital Display Systems - Voltage Talk forum
Veteran Member

I just installed a couple of Flat Panel Monitors (42" Commercial Grade Plasma's) to be used as digital signage. The customer had a dedicated computer server feeding these monitors. The source on the server was able to be updated and accessed remotely.
Old 12-20-2014 - Moving Photos - Electric Signs and Digital Display Systems - Voltage Talk forum

aaagul45 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Moving Photos

That's why I was thinking the frames. Seems like I'll have to research more & put some more thinking into it. If you could send the info you have next week, it will be greatly appreciated.???