Voltage Talk Forum Home Page Voltage Talk Forum Home Page    National Low Voltage Contractors Association Home Page
Go Back   VoltageTalk.com > Specialties > CCTV Systems
Search Voltage Talk          

Forgot Login Information    Problem Logging In?

“CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!”

Register Here Search Recent Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2008 - Converting camera to true color IR night - CCTV Systems - Voltage Talk forum

CameraMan2008 is on a distinguished road
Default Converting camera to true color IR night

Hey, great site! I'm hoping someone can help me here. What I have is a cheap little DV camera called a Jazz. Using PIR motion detection, the camera is set up to record video of wildlife. As it comes, it is a color camera, but by removing the lens and replacing it with one without the IR cut filter, it sees IR very well. However, now the daytime images are very much red. I found an exchanger made by a company, and have managed to fit it to the camera, but it is expensive.. $35 plus $14 shipping, and it takes a lot of modification to use it on this camera.

I wonder if anyone knows where I might find something like this...for less $$$ I have tried the M12-EXM-IRC21 and CCX-EXM-IRC21 sold by Sunex, and that's all I have found. Maybe some day/night camera maker that offers parts??? The lens used will be an M12x0.5 board camera lens. Thanks!
Old 11-11-2008 - Converting camera to true color IR night - CCTV Systems - Voltage Talk forum
Educator

Steve Dale is on a distinguished road
Default Spend the $49.00, dont waist you valuable time for a few doller savings.

Hey CameraMan2008, Whats up? Your not talking about saving more than a few dollars. Is it really worth your valuable time to spend time posting and searching for such a small savings? You used the word "cheap" in your question, perhaps that was your first error. I think sometimes we can get so carried away with saving a few dollars and lose sight of how much valuable time we lose in the search process. Life is short, pay the extra money and be done with it. My opinion is if something is going to take you more than 15 min. to save a few dollars, pay the price and spend the 15 min. either enjoying your life or creating new business.

Just my view, from years of experience and wasting my valuable time searching to save a buck or two which invariably cost me more in time and headaches in the long run! The Best of Success to you.

Steve Dale
Your Success Coach

Office: (800) 743-8027

Email: Steve@SteveDale.com

State certified licensed instructor who teaches "Strategies for Success" workshops in the States of Georgia and Florida for electrical licensing exam preparation, continuing education, and BASA/FASA certification.

Florida State License: EF20000579
Georgia State License: LVU405609
North Carolina License: 269-SP-LV

Last edited by Steve Dale; 11-13-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-19-2008 - Converting camera to true color IR night - CCTV Systems - Voltage Talk forum

Lock&LVdoc is on a distinguished road

Amen!