Voltage Talk Forum Home Page Voltage Talk Forum Home Page    National Low Voltage Contractors Association Home Page
Go Back   VoltageTalk.com > Announcements > Past Forum Announcements
Search Voltage Talk          

Forgot Login Information    Problem Logging In?

“CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!”

Register Here Search Recent Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Would you place the eagle sticker on your work vehicle?
YES 12 92.31%
NO 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2009 - What do you think? - Yea or Na ???? - Past Forum Announcements - Voltage Talk forum
Educator

Steve Dale is on a distinguished road
Question What do you think? - Yea or Na ????

Anyone notice the new circular NLVCA eagle holding an analog multimeter at the top right side of this forum's header?

What do you think? We are thinking of making this secoundary symbol for the NLVCA into patches and stickers for the members. Would this be a symbol you would use, perhaps placing it on your company vehicle's window or not? or ???
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2009 - What do you think? - Yea or Na ???? - Past Forum Announcements - Voltage Talk forum
Educator

Question Dont just vote, let me know your thoughts!

Old 04-15-2009 - What do you think? - Yea or Na ???? - Past Forum Announcements - Voltage Talk forum
Super Moderator

Security101 is on a distinguished road

Yea I would display it Steve.

That being said I like the word band on the outside and the eagle idea, but I'm not sold on the meter part - but I also don't have a good idea of what it should look like (to the general public) so I might not be much help on that.

I think it should represent low voltage but still be recognizable by the "regular customer" as a professional designation and also something related to what we all do...

Hmmm....

Not bad though, looks clean, right idea!

Of course you know you opened yourself up for a large discussion - when I was on the Fire Dept we decided to change our traditional "Maltese cross" to a slightly different feel - 42 guys took 9.5 mos to decide we would never agree
You should have seen when we tried to pick "lime green" for all the trucks!

Heck, I spent close to two years prototyping my logo you see now - probably 100 renditions in my file
Jim

James Cofield
Owner
Assured Security Agency
23355 County Road 26
Elkhart Indiana 46517
Direct: (574) 202-3473

Alternate: www.sendthepolice.com
Email: jim [at] sendthepolice.com
Burglary, Fire, Life Safety Systems
CCTV, PERS, GPS, Access Control

Design, Sales, Service and Installation
24 Hour U.L. Listed Central Station Monitoring

Providing Professional Security Systems
Northern Indiana and the Michiana Area
Old 04-17-2009 - What do you think? - Yea or Na ???? - Past Forum Announcements - Voltage Talk forum
Veteran Member

CarlAshcraft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Security101 View Post
That being said I like the word band on the outside and the eagle idea, but I'm not sold on the meter part
Jim
I agree, I am not sold on the eagle holding the meter. And instead of a sticker, what about a magnet???
Old 04-18-2009 - What do you think? - Yea or Na ???? - Past Forum Announcements - Voltage Talk forum
Educator

It's not the official logo of the association, it was something that Joey thought up. I came up with the analog meter basically because its an older type and it ties into the lowvoltagetalk logo on the header of this page. I placed it into the eagle's hand because it was the only thing with the exception of "cables" and "raceways" that I felt all types of low voltage contractors have in common.

I like it and would place it on my truck's rear window but I don't think it should be an official logo representing the association. Refrigerator magnets would be nice but get little exposure. Jim, I do like your company logo, I think you did a good job and it looks very official.

Guys, thanks very much for your comments, greatly appreciated. My next question should be, should we remove it from the header on this site and replace back the official yellow logo?
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2009 - What do you think? - Yea or Na ???? - Past Forum Announcements - Voltage Talk forum
Super Moderator

Security101 is on a distinguished road

Like em both up there

Jim
Veteran Member

CarlAshcraft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dale View Post
Refrigerator magnets would be nice but get little exposure.
I'm not talking about that type of magnet, I'm talking about a magnet for the van, kind of like the support the troops magnets that you see on some vehicles, or the pink breast cancer ribbons. Same idea as the sticker for the van, but a magnet that could stick to the rear end of a van (no windows on my vans).
Educator

Carl got it, vehicle magnets Thanks Steve
Old 04-19-2009 - What do you think? - Yea or Na ???? - Past Forum Announcements - Voltage Talk forum
Chief Moderator

Sparky49 has a spectacular aura aboutSparky49 has a spectacular aura about

Is there any way to incorporate the official logo into this one? Either across the wingtips or separate and below?

Just my $.02.
Old 04-22-2009 - What do you think? - Yea or Na ???? - Past Forum Announcements - Voltage Talk forum
Educator

Idea

Hi Sparky, Hope your neck is feeling a bit better. I'm back from my trip to Atlanta, GA. so I'll be active on this site again.

I like your idea of incorporating the yellow NLVCA logo across the wing tips. I'll ask Joey to give it a try when he returns from vacation next week. Then I'll post it for you to see. I was thinking of changing the color of the meter as well, perhaps to the same color gold as in the claws and boarder letters? Thanks very much for your input. Steve