Voltage Talk Forum Home Page Voltage Talk Forum Home Page    National Low Voltage Contractors Association Home Page
Go Back   VoltageTalk.com > Government > Electrical Inspectors
Search Voltage Talk          

Forgot Login Information    Problem Logging In?

“CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!”

Register Here Search Recent Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2009 - Pulling a LV Permit - Electrical Inspectors - Voltage Talk forum

LV-Sammy is on a distinguished road
Default Pulling a LV Permit

I'm not sure if this is the correct posting location, however I need to pull a permit for a new job that I am bidding within the month.

Prior to getting my ULV license, this was preformed by someone else. Could someone tell me the process for pulling a permit and what is required from my side. Where should I go, what volume of work requires a permit? Thanks for your help. I'm new to preforming this myself.
Old 03-12-2009 - Pulling a LV Permit - Electrical Inspectors - Voltage Talk forum
Chief Moderator

Sparky49 has a spectacular aura aboutSparky49 has a spectacular aura about

Where are you located and what type of work are you going to be doing?

Gary Hutcheson
Systems Engineer

City-Wide Electronic Systems, Inc.
440 Highland Avenue
El Cajon, CA 92020
Office: (619) 444-0219 x117
Fax: (619) 444-9130
Email: ghutcheson(at)cwesi(dot)com

California State Licensed Fire & Life Safety Electrician
NICET III Certified

Fairburn, Ga. - Network Cabling, Cat5e and Fiber optic.
Chief Moderator

Sparky49 has a spectacular aura aboutSparky49 has a spectacular aura about

I'm unfamiliar with the way they do things in Georgia. Steve Dale is probably the best person here to help you out.
Educator

Steve Dale is on a distinguished road
Question

Sammy, nice to see your now on the right side of the law

What city/county is the job site located in?

Steve Dale
Your Success Coach

Office: (800) 743-8027

Email: Steve@SteveDale.com

State certified licensed instructor who teaches "Strategies for Success" workshops in the States of Georgia and Florida for electrical licensing exam preparation, continuing education, and BASA/FASA certification.

Florida State License: EF20000579
Georgia State License: LVU405609
North Carolina License: 269-SP-LV

It is Fairburn, Georgia in Fulton County
Old 03-13-2009 - Pulling a LV Permit - Electrical Inspectors - Voltage Talk forum
Veteran Member

leland is on a distinguished road

I feel like an outsider. (NorthEast) Everyone here is in the south or left coast.
(I'll deal with it,best I can)

Typically LV- (here NE) Any NEW installation of wires goes thru the electrical dept.
Hence,An electrical permit is required. Even for Low volt.
(Revenue enhancement ya know)
Old 03-25-2009 - Pulling a LV Permit - Electrical Inspectors - Voltage Talk forum
Contributing Member

LaneComm is on a distinguished road

I think it would be great in cities/counties actually enforced a LV license and permit - doesnt seem that way in Florida.

Steve Lane
Senior Systems Engineer / Owner
Main Office:
Lane Communications, Inc.
1645 North Magnolia Avenue
Ocala, Florida 34475

Ocala Office: 352-624-3548
Gainesville Office: 352-505-4336
Fax: 352-624-2069

Who we are, What we do......
www.CentralFloridaPhones.com
Plug and Play Phone Systems at: www.LCNSgroup.com
Email Me:
steve.lane@centralfloridaphones.com

"Service in Hours, Not Days!"

Ocala, Gainesville & Central Florida's First Choice for Reliable Sales and Service on ESI Business Phone Systems, Avaya Partner, Avaya IP Office and VoIP Phone Systems. We service all the makes and models.

Lane Communications also provides Network Cabling, Video Survellience, Overhead Paging and Access Control Systems.

Hire a Licensed Contractor!

Florida - ES12000683, Georgia - LVT305386

Old 03-26-2009 - Pulling a LV Permit - Electrical Inspectors - Voltage Talk forum

diamond is on a distinguished road
Default Low Voltage Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneComm View Post
I think it would be great in cities/counties actually enforced a LV license and permit - doesnt seem that way in Florida.
South Florida has happened upon this excellent revenue stream. I have been insisting for years that ANY company that upgrades hardware should pull a low voltage permit. Cisco, Juniper, Avaya, Nortel, IBM and all the other equipment manufacturers and distributors should be handing over records of all sales over $10k. I see too many companies trying to upgrade on the cheap.
Old 02-25-2010 - Pulling a LV Permit - Electrical Inspectors - Voltage Talk forum

pnorthrup is on a distinguished road

The City of Plant City Fl requires LV permits and inspections
Old 02-25-2010 - Pulling a LV Permit - Electrical Inspectors - Voltage Talk forum
Contributing Member

LaneComm is on a distinguished road

I was referring to actually enforcing the law, seems like most cities or towns could care less who is pulling LV cable.

I have allot of competitors that pull cable without a license and it seems no one cares.
Forum Moderator

rudirudebwoy is on a distinguished road

Yeah i feel the same way. Try calling places like Cartersville and they don't even have a fire marshalls office plus they don't call back. I'm in Cherokee but from what I hear cobb amd cherokee seem to be the strictest of the counties. Sammy check with the building dept for the county. It's priced per sq ft but steve will have a better answer seeing as he's on the board.
ext:106
Fax: (678)261-6560
www.CherokeeIntegration.com
R.Lee@CherokeeIntegration.com
Serving Metro Atlanta and Surrounding Areas
Old 03-05-2010 - Pulling a LV Permit - Electrical Inspectors - Voltage Talk forum

Not Just Wire is on a distinguished road
Cool Jacksonville LV permit

This week the City of Jacksonville has announced that you will need to have a Licence with the city for all low volage work. ALL . Pas of April 5th you will have to pull a permit for all of this work as well. to register with the city you will have to provide your state lowvoltage License as well as other documentation..
Old 03-05-2010 - Pulling a LV Permit - Electrical Inspectors - Voltage Talk forum
National Low Voltage Contractors Association (www.NLVCA.org)

NLVCA has disabled reputation
Info DBPR Sweeps Gainesville for Unlicensed Low Voltage Activity

Department of Business and Professional Regulation Sweeps Jacksonville for Unlicensed Low Voltage Electrical Contractors

March 4, 2010

JACKSONVILLE—Yesterday, the Department of Business and Professional Regulation completed an unlicensed low voltage electrical contractor sweep, resulting in 14 cease and desist notices and 19 cases opened for unlicensed activity.

“Our investigators use all their resources during sweeps to find and stop unlicensed activity,” said Interim Secretary Charlie Liem. “For this sweep, investigators searched the Internet and yellow pages for individuals advertising without a license and targeted those individuals during the operation.”

The Jacksonville sweep was part of DBPR’s quarterly statewide unlicensed activity operation. This quarter, department investigators focused on low voltage electrical contracting based on tips Interim Secretary Liem received during “On the Road 2 Better Business, Part 2.” A Limited Energy Systems Specialty Contractor’s license is required to do low voltage electrical work, such as the installation of home theater and surround sound systems, wired computer networks, closed circuit televisions, electric locks and central vacuums.

Hiring an unlicensed individual can threaten the financial and personal safety of consumers, as well as the livelihood of state-licensed professionals. Unlicensed individuals may not carry workers’ compensation or liability insurance, and consumers may end up paying for injuries on the job. Additionally, unlicensed individuals often underbid licensed professionals, which results in law-abiding professionals losing work to those who do not meet state licensure requirements.

Here are some tips to help consumers protect themselves against unlicensed activity:

• Always ask to see the State of Florida license.

• Note the license number and verify that the license is current. To check a license, call 850-487-1395 or visit MyFloridaLicense.com.

• Ask for references and check each one.

• Do not pay cash and be cautious of writing checks made payable to individuals, especially when dealing with a company.

• Get everything in writing, including a detailed description of the work to be completed, a completion date and the total cost.

Report suspected unlicensed activity at MyFloridaLicense.com or toll-free at 1-866-532-1440.

The department’s mission is to license efficiently and regulate fairly. The department licenses more than one million businesses and professionals ranging from real estate agents, veterinarians, and accountants to contractors and cosmetologists. For more information, please visit

MyFloridaLicense.com

To see more of this report visit: http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr...ntractors.html

10151 University Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32817

Office: (888) 658-2267
Fax: (888) 658-2226
Email: info@NLVCA.org

The Mission of the National Low Voltage Contractors Association is to Promote Safety, Code Compliance, Licensing, Professionalism, and Prosperity in the Electrical Industry.

The NLVCA is a not-for-profit association dedicated to supporting its members, protecting public safety, and developing and instituting programs for the betterment of the electrical industry.

Old 05-27-2011 - Pulling a LV Permit - Electrical Inspectors - Voltage Talk forum

hotabraabarne is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pulling a LV Permit

Hi Everyone
I'm new to This forum
it is great to join this Forum, hope i'm welcome in
Old 12-06-2011 - Pulling a LV Permit - Electrical Inspectors - Voltage Talk forum

yingxuy is on a distinguished road

I have insisted for years, any company, to upgrade the hardware should pull a low voltage license. Cisco, Juniper, AVAYA, Nortel, IBM, and all other equipment manufacturers and distributors should be transferred to sales of more than $ 10,000 for all records.
Old 06-19-2012 - Pulling a LV Permit - Electrical Inspectors - Voltage Talk forum

holy is on a distinguished road

My boss has been calling DCP quite a bit about being able to pull a permit with his V9 license, being told that he can't.
He did finally speak with a "different guy" who said yes, he can pull a LV permit with his V9 Radio/TV Repair license.
He still prefers I pull the permit.
I get loaded out with 5 to 8 jobs a day, there is no way to pull permits and complete those jobs on the due date. I get many jobs installing service to the demarc with no jacks on the order. Then the customer decides they want jacks. How would that work
After Contact 13 exposed what happened in the Liberty neighborhood, KB Home announced they’d reimburse the homeowners on the street in our story.
Each would get back the $300 cash they had to come up with to get their cars from Custom Towing.
But KB didn’t tell us the same thing happened on street after street, in multiple neighborhoods within the Huntington development.