Voltage Talk Forum Home Page Voltage Talk Forum Home Page    National Low Voltage Contractors Association Home Page
Go Back   VoltageTalk.com > Specialties > CCTV Systems
Search Voltage Talk          

Forgot Login Information    Problem Logging In?

“CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!”

Register Here Search Recent Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2008 - EOP Ethernet over power - CCTV Systems - Voltage Talk forum
Contributing Member

IRConsultant is on a distinguished road
Default EOP Ethernet over power

Hss anyone used the Napco Isee EOP cameras..Can you offer your opinion on the system. I have a customer ( Friend ) who is looking to purchase this system for his establishment. I asked him to hold until a spoke to some experts..I have done the research but have no experience with what the pitfalls may be.
Veteran Member

ProIT has a spectacular aura aboutProIT has a spectacular aura about

We've used PoE (Power over Ethenet) for cameras but I'm not familiar with EoP. I'll look at what NAPCO has & get back with you.

JR Garrett
V.P. of Operations

Professional IT Services & Solutions, Inc.
11631-1 Columbia Park Dr. E.
Jacksonville, FL 32258

Office: 904.742.8797
Fax: 904.880.6922
I am a State certified low voltage contractor that works mainly in commercial building applications. We professionally service & install voice / data, fire / security alarm systems, fiber optics & CCTV systems.

FL - EF20000774
GA - LVU405993
NC - 28055-SP-LV

Veteran Member

I checked out the EoP camera solution & I can see the benefits & downfalls of it. There are products on the market now that will allow you to access the cameras without a monthly subscription. I do like the idea of plugging in the cameras without the need of installing new cabling for them. I'd have to research it further to know if we'd recommend them. What we've found is that camera systems give people a false sense of security as the low end models don't have the resolution needed to identify someone. We had a neighbor in our commerical complex that had been broken into several times. Several other in the area had security cameras yet the police always came to us for video footage. One day I asked them why as I knew there were cameras closer to the area they were wanting to look at. Their answer... the resolution on the professional cameras gave them the detail to identify the suspects & vehicles involved where the other cameras that were closer showed a person but that was about it. They could make out colors of their clothes & vehicles but not any identifying detail that would help them make arrests.

We would suggest that whoever is going to install security cameras look at the detail they are going to get. Seeing a car is one thing, seeing it's tag number is another.
Old 11-29-2008 - EOP Ethernet over power - CCTV Systems - Voltage Talk forum
Veteran Member

CarlAshcraft is on a distinguished road

What is EoP? Is it the same as Powerline Communications, data traveling over a 120v powerline to a device?
Veteran Member

Yes Carl... same thing.
Contributing Member

Thanks JR. I am going to purchase the system for myself and check it out.
Chief Moderator

Sparky49 has a spectacular aura aboutSparky49 has a spectacular aura about

Have you any information on max distance and number of communication channels? I have a job where these cameras might fit in nicely.
Old 11-30-2008 - EOP Ethernet over power - CCTV Systems - Voltage Talk forum
Contributing Member

It seems this realitively new and only for indoor use..I have attached the press release I found.

Napco’s New iSee Video EOP Camera Kit Wins SIA New Product
Judges Choice Award For Residential Systems At ISC West ‘08

At this year’s annual ISC West Security Trade Show, much of the excitement surrounded our ground-breaking iSee Video EOP technology. This revolutionary product won the prestigious “SIA New Product Judges Choice Award for Residential Systems” at the industry’s largest tradeshow. The Security Industry Association (SIA) chose Napco’s iSee Video EOP (Ethernet over Power) System from a record field of competitive entrants.

Napco’s latest offering from its iSee Video Division is our affordable and easy to install, wireless iSee Video EOP Camera Kit. This internet-based video surveillance system offers remote video Internet monitoring to residential and small business accounts. Our unique subscription-based account system provides installation companies the opportunity to reap recurring monthly revenue (RMR) from CCTV video installations, in both new and retrofit applications. iSee Video EOP is easy to install and simple to use. Instantly place your accounts online and have them view their premises anytime and anywhere from any web-enabled PC, cellphone or PDA. Napco’s iSee Video EOP is compatible with any internet browser and its built-in proprietary “firewall buster” technology ensures that your accounts can always connect to and view their video 24/7, despite tight corporate IT firewalls, such as in their workplace.

The EOP Kit includes an advanced, high-resolution transformer-style, wireless plug-in EOP (Ethernet over power) camera and 24 months video viewing access on the Napco server. This internet video-data-forwarding plug and play module supports up to four plug-in EOP cameras and provides the security dealer with added RMR by offering new or existing accounts a remote video surveillance system with which they can look in on their home anytime, anywhere using their PC or web-enabled cellphone. For added security, video is password-protected and stored by event and/or archived with time-/date-stamp. iSee Video EOP operates at 25FPS with MPEG4 compression and supports up to four indoor cameras (each includes cables) per system. For more information about our new award winning iSee Video’s EOP Camera Kit, visit www.napcosecurity.com or call
Old 11-30-2008 - EOP Ethernet over power - CCTV Systems - Voltage Talk forum
Chief Moderator

Sparky49 has a spectacular aura aboutSparky49 has a spectacular aura about

Do they gave any provision for recording to DVR?
Old 12-01-2008 - EOP Ethernet over power - CCTV Systems - Voltage Talk forum
Contributing Member

kali is on a distinguished road
Default Isee

we used it a couple times, when clients needed to view the system from their MAC, or iPhone, its OK......the online storage is not alot. and the quality isn't the best, we use it when clients just want to "check-in" on their home, its not really meant as a primary recording system, the best bet would de a DVR with loop out into the iSee.