Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed
below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below.
If you would like to cancel the registration, click here
to return to the forums index.
VoltageTalk.com Forum Terms and Conditions of Use
In these terms and conditions, the terms “we”, “us”, “our”, “site”, and “forum” are to be taken as referring to VoltageTalk.com.
You agree to use the VoltageTalk.com forum for lawful purposes only.
The National Low Voltage Contractors Association (NLVCA) via the VoltageTalk.com forum provides this complimentary Internet-based communications and information service to contractors, consumers and any other third party interested in gaining or providing knowledge to the Low Voltage industry. By using VoltageTalk.com you signify your understanding and agreement to these Terms and Conditions of use. Please read this document carefully. If you do not agree to all of the Terms and Conditions of this agreement, do not use this site!
Voltagetalk.com may revise and update these Terms and Conditions at anytime. Please periodically review the Terms and Conditions posted at the VoltageTalk.com forum under the “Past Forum Announcements” Category. You shall agree that your continued usage of the VoltageTalk.com forum will acknowledge your acceptance of any and all changes, including additions and amendments to these Terms and Conditions.
The content on the VoltageTalk.com site is a free service that provides summary information for educational purposes only. The content provided by any and all members of VoltageTalk.com; including the owners, administrators, moderators, advertisers, and forum members or any other visitor is not intended in any way to be a substitute for a complete consultation of a qualified licensed electrical contractor. Always seek the consultation of other qualified professional contractors with any questions you may have or directly contact a qualified licensed contractor from the contact information they may provide on this forum to completely discuss your particular situation or needs. Neither the content nor any other service offered by or through the VoltageTalk.com forum is intended to be relied on or used as a substitution provided by a qualified professional.
VoltageTalk.com does not recommend or endorse any specific services, products, procedures, contributors, businesses or information that may be contained on this forum. All opinions expressed on VoltageTalk.com are the opinions of the authors.
VoltageTalk.com does not assume any liability for the contents of any information provided on this forum. Reliance on any information provided by VoltageTalk.com, including the owners, administrators, moderators, advertisers and forum members or any other visitors to this forum is solely at your own risk. VoltageTalk.com assumes no liability or responsibility for damage or injury to persons or property arising from any use of any services, products, procedures, information, idea, or instruction contained in the materials provided by this forum.
VoltageTalk.com reserves the right to change or discontinue at any time any aspect or feature of this site.
As a user of VoltageTalk.com you acknowledge, agree and accept that any and all information contributed to the VoltageTalk.com forum by you will be made public for the duration of mankind. Avoid the inclusion of private personal details in contributed material or forum posts. Including, but not limited to; home addresses, home and cellular phone numbers. We do not accept responsibility for the consequences of individuals publishing their personal details on VoltageTalk.com. You are not allowed to publicize anyone else's personal or business contact details.
Code of Conduct
Your participation on VoltageTalk.com is governed by these Terms and Conditions which include this Code of Conduct. Breaking any of these rules may lead to the immediate suspension and/or termination of your account and could lead to legal action being taken against you by the authorities or an aggrieved party.
Do not post inappropriate material in the forum or anywhere else on this website or link to such material on other websites. Inappropriate material shall include:
* Unlawful or illegal
- this means anything that is contrary to or forbidden by law.
* Vulgar, obscene or abusive
– contributed material that is crudely indecent or offensive, or material that is insulting or hateful. In particular, you should not swear or blaspheme, describe sexual activity, or make sexist or racist remarks.
* Threatening or harassing
- expressing any threat or possibility of a threat including terrorist threats and statements, or engaging in any systematic or continued unwarranted, unprofessional and annoying anti-social actions for whatever purpose, including racial prejudice, personal malice, an attempt to force someone to quit a job or grant sexual favors, or merely to gain pleasure from making someone fearful or anxious.
- making false statements that are capable of damaging the reputation of a person, organization or business. You are responsible for any postings which prove to be libelous or illegal.
- sexually explicit pictures, writing, or other material.
- material that causes someone to believe what is not true or fails to believe what is true.
* Invasive of privacy
- material that intrudes or encroaches upon someone's privacy.
- do not post any material that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary right of any party, unless you are the owner thereof or have the permission of the owner to post or transmit such material.
* Identity theft
- impersonating someone (including other members) is unacceptable, as is falsely claiming third party endorsement for your submissions.
* Intent to damage or adversely affect other computers
- this refers to any material designed to transmit a virus, worm, trojan horse or other harmful code or having other contaminating or destructive features.
– advertisements, conduct or forward any surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters. Industry related advertisements may be posted in the “Company Logo and Banner Exchange” Category.
This Code of Conduct applies to avatars and signatures, private messages, forum generated emails, as well as all forum postings.
You agree that uploading any content to this website you are granting VoltageTalk.com a license to use it in any capacity in perpetuity. You will continue to have ownership of your material and may continue to use it outside this website, but please be aware that by uploading content or providing a post you are granting VoltageTalk.com an irrevocable, unconditional, worldwide, royalty-free license to use it or remove it at our discretion.
You take full responsibility for any use you may make of our website. You agree that VoltageTalk.com, including the owners, administrators, moderators, forum members, guests and advertisers will not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from your use of, or downloading from the website, or for any use made by any third party of information.
VoltageTalk.com is authorized in our absolute discretion and without notice to you to remove, block or modify your use of this forum for any reason we feel constitutes a violation of our policies, whether stated, implied or not. VoltageTalk.com is also entitled at our absolute discretion to terminate your right to use the website and use such technological means as we see fit to achieve this.
It is understood that as a member or a guest visitor of VoltageTalk.com that you must ensure you have suitable scanning software, firewalls and other safeguards in place to protect you from any virus or other contaminant which may affect you directly or indirectly through your use of the site.
All opinions, comments and contributed materials expressed by users of this forum are the user's own and do not necessarily reflect those of VoltageTalk.com.
By accessing VoltageTalk.com you agree to these Terms and Conditions.